Top 10 Fastest Cars in America
Acceleration is the key in all cars. Some of the fastest accelerating cars clock speeds that are out of this world. Each of the fastest cars in the world offer different aspects, exceptional speed and versatility among car connoisseurs everywhere. Welcome to the list of the top 10 fastest cars.
1. Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 – the supercharger zooms at speeds north of 205 mph leaving other cars in the dust with its keyless system and 638 horsepower engine.
2. Cadillac CTS-V – the cornerstone of luxury, the Cadillac CTS-V relentless speeds towards 190 mph and is one of the fastest production cars to emerge in America. The Cadillac CTS-V is also one of the top 10 safest cars for teenagers.
3. Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 – There are SUVs. Then there is this SUV. The Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 deserves a spot among the top 10 fastest cars for its rapid accelerating power going 0 to 60 in 4.5 seconds.
4. Tesla Roadster – the eco-friendly battery powered speed king roars to top speeds of 125 mph and 0 to 60 in 3.7 seconds without a gas tank. This top 10 fastest car ruler prices at $128,500.
5. Dodge Challenger SRT8 – the muscle car among the top 10 fastest cars, the Dodge Challenger is a car not to be messed with. Giving off a top speed of 182 mph, the Dodge Challenger boasts outstanding driving and handling.
6. Dodge Viper SRT10 – the V10 engine giant, the Dodge Viper coasts at 600 horsepower topping speeds of 202 mph. The amazing vehicle has topped the list of the top 10 fastest cars many times before.
7. Ford GT – the max driven endurance car, the Ford GT, goes 0 to 60 in 3 seconds and deserves its rightful place among the top 10 fastest cars.
8. Shelby GT500 – with an engine upgrade, the Shelby GT500, is the road boss driving to 60 in 4.3 seconds, illuminating the top 10 fastest cars list on its own.
9. Ford Taurus SHO – going to 60 in 5 seconds is very good for a sedan. This top 10 fastest car combines luxury and power.
10. Lincoln MKS with EcoBoost – its roomy interior measures up to its spacious outlook and dominating acceleration on the road with an MSRP of $62,000+.