Fastest Street Legal Car 2012 – Top 10 Contenders!
There’s a race going on between car manufacturers to build the fastest street legal car. Many of these cars go well over 200 MPH. With that said it’s likely you will never reach top speeds unless you are engaging in risky behavior like illegal street racing.
For those looking to unleash their inner speed demon here are the top ten fastest cars.
1. The first super car that can take you to eye popping speeds is the Koenigsegg Agera R. This car clocks in at a whopping 260 MPH top speed.
2. Next, for a cool $2.4 million you can own the Bugatti Veyron Super Sport. Its 1,200 horsepower engine helps it reach speeds over 250 MPH.
3. If you are looking for the fastest street legal car one of the best manufacturers to buy from is Lamborghini. Their Aventador LP700-4 model has many outstanding features such as a pushrod suspension and carbon fiber construction.
4. The Gumpert Apollo is an excellent track car that offers drivers an exhilarating experience. With its sporty design and 650 horsepower, you will feel like a race car driver when getting behind the wheel of this beast.
5. The style and power of the Ferrari FF makes it a huge draw for buyers. This four-seater is one of the fastest cars available.
6. If you are looking for the fastest street legal car the McLaren MP4-12C is one of the best candidates. Business Insider says this model is a testament to precision in car making.
7. Chevy enters the fray with their Corvette ZR1. Best of all, this is the most affordable fastest street legal car available.
8. Bentley has a reputation for its luxury and design. Their Continental Supersports model is designed for speed. It features a 621 horsepower engine with carbon brakes.
9. The fastest production cars on the road feature style and have a ton of power under the hood. One model that exemplifies both features is the Saleen S7 Twin-Turbo. This car has a V8 engine that can accelerate to 60 MPH in just 3.2 seconds.
10. The Dok ing XD is among the fastest street legal electric cars. While this model is one of the smallest it packs a powerful engine that can propel the car to speeds of 130 MPH.