Best Car Navigation System – Top 5 Picks!
Car navigation systems have been around for some time, but they continue to gain in popularity with innovative features like traffic updates and points of interest based on locale. Further, many drivers enjoy these more than their smart phone GPS because the screens on auto units are larger therefore making it easier for drivers to see their routes.
As GPS systems for cars have been in high demand there has been an over saturation in the market. Due to this, drivers now have many different units available ranging from portable navigation systems to in dash navigation. Therefore when you go to shop for a unit you will be bombarded with a myriad of options. Here is a way to select the best car navigation system for you.
First, you’ll want to determine your preference. Do you want one to remain in the car always or would you like a portable unit that you can take with you on the go? Do you need a basic one that provides directions or are you looking for an advanced model that provides up to the minute traffic information?
By determining your needs ahead of time it will make the process easier when you go to select the best car navigation system. Along with your preferences, here is a look at some of the top models available.
1. The Garmin Nuvi 50 is the best car navigation system for drivers looking for a basic unit. This model has a sharp five inch screen and is affordable with many retailers selling it for under $150.
2. The TomTom Via 1535 is a more advanced model that will help drivers with traffic updates. Along with this, there’s an available lifetime map so you can have the most up to date information throughout the life of this part.
3. The Magellan RoadMate 5175T-LM is an excellent model as it has many innovative features like Wi-Fi connectivity and the ability to browse local attractions. For its price and many benefits it offers drivers this is easily one of the best systems available.
4. The Garmin Nuvi 3790T has a sleek design with cool functionality. This is a hands-off device as it offers both Bluetooth calling and voice commands, which makes this a great tool for busy motorists.
5. The last to make the list is the TomTom Go Live 1535M. This has some very tech friendly applications like the ability to update friends on your trip through twitter and find which gas stations offer the cheapest gas.
You can find each of these units at local retailers like Best Buy or online through Amazon. Along with finding the best car navigation system, you can find many other components for your ride.