5 Best Fuel Efficient Diesel Cars
Fuel efficiency is a huge factor many drivers want to consider when buying a new car. As gas prices fluctuate between ridiculous and absurd finding the best fuel efficient cars can save you a ton of money at the pump.
One of the best types you can buy is vehicles equipped with diesel engines. These tout better fuel efficiency so you can enjoy driving while not having to worry about filling up your tank as often.
Here is a look at the five best fuel efficient diesel cars.
- The 2012 Volkswagen Passat is among the best clean diesel cars. This model gets 35 mpg thereby making it one of the better fuel efficient diesel cars.
- Also on the list is the Audi A3 TDI. This car has outstanding fuel efficiency as it gets up to 42 mpg on the highway.
- Another Volkswagen to make the list of best fuel efficient diesel cars is the Golf TDI. This has a clean engine compliant in all fifty states while giving drivers an incredible 42 mpg on the highway and a good 30 mph in the city, making it tops among the best mpg cars.
- The Mercedes E320 Bluetec combines the best in engineering and efficiency to give drivers a car that is eco-friendly and fuel efficient. The Bluetec system features a turbo V6 engine, which will provide plenty of getty up while the exhaust will clean much of the emissions. The result is a car that has power, saves customers money at the pump and is better for the environment as it reduces harmful emissions from entering the atmosphere.
- The last to make the list of best fuel efficient diesel cars is the BMW 335d. The engine in this car boasts clean diesel technology while providing drivers with the best in performance and handling. Also, drivers won’t have to worry about filling up as much as the combined mpg for this model is 29.
Along with these brands, there are new models like a diesel electric car coming out that tout outstanding fuel efficiency while being more eco-friendly. The model that exemplifies this the most is the 2012 Volvo V60 Hybrid Electric Car.